Sunday, June 13, 2010

One Proud TeacherMama!

We are now in Singapore (SG) staying with "family", i.e. friends who are part of our Catholic community. It's our first day here and we are really grateful for all God is blessing us with. One of which was this: our preschooler Tim actually let us go to a dinner meeting earlier today without him! IN FACT, he is the one who INSISTED that we leave him behind, with his "Kuya" (Big Brother in Tagalog) Elai, the teenage son of our host family. WE WERE TRULY SHOCKED!

They were swimming at the time we left them. I had all sorts of fears, doubts and worries about leaving Tim behind. But I need not have done so. Kuya Elai did an excellent job, even without adult supervision! (His parents, Dick and Elaine, deserve a BIG CONGRATULATIONS too on a job well done in raising a responsible, good-mannered, caring, God-fearing young man!) It was a BIG event for hubby and I, as all this time, we've been so used to Tim insisting that he go everywhere we went, even for prayer meetings and mission trips to far-flung places. He just let us go without any tears or tantrums. In fact, he didn't even want to come near me when I called him out of the pool to give him my reminders about behaving well and listening to his Kuya Elai. Aaaawww... my little boy is growing up SO FAST! Huhuhuhu. Needless to say, I AM ONE PROUD TEACHERMAMA! Though I fall short of being a good mom countless times, God always finds a way to assure hubby and I that as long as we do our best, He will do the rest! :)

2 comments:

Adriel Booker said...

hello from mbc! your little guy is so cute! :)
adriel @ the mommyhood memos

Unknown said...

hi adriel! thanks for the comment! just read it, hahaha. :) pls do add me in your blogroll :) in addition to this, i have another one www.trulyrichmom.com :) feel free to visit, make a comment and follow it! your blogs are so inspiring! :) Godbless yah and your family!