Sunday, May 2, 2010

Instant Craft/Activity Time With Tim :)

The other day, Tim woke up from his nap, saying that he wanted to dress up like a butterfly (though stressing that he was a boy butterfly! haha), and that he wanted me to dress up like a squirrel. I told him we didn't have any butterfly wings for him, but then divine inspiration got hold of me and so I said "Let's make some!"

All we used were some materials I found here at home:

1. A used cardboard folder
2. Some paint
3. A pair of scissors (Tim knows now that he can only use these when an adult is around, praise GOD!)
4. A stapler

Here's the result of our instant craft time. Not exactly a masterpiece, but we both enjoyed, and Tim had a blast being a "butterboy"! (butterfly boy) LOL.
It only took us about 10 minutes to do this. I drew the outline of the wings, helped Tim cut them out, and let him decorate them with paint. Then we stapled the wings to some left-over folder paper. The "flap" at the top part can be folded down and then you just slip it into the back of one's shirt. VOILA! Instant butterfly wings!

Incidentally it's been raining a lot here lately and so one rainy day when Tim couldn't go out to play, I thought of doing something different. He was bugging me to let him watch TV so I decided to try one of these activities I saw in this book (365 TV-free Activities for Toddlers by Di Hodges) - COIN-CLEANING! Tim totally enjoyed it! (Though I did let him watch his educational DVDs for a while afterwards! Grrr... Oh well... At least I know he's learning SOMETHING from what he watches! At least I sincerely hope he does! *winks*)



Now I'm excited to try more activities from this great resource! (I got it cheap too, only 100 pesos!) Praise GOD! :)

No comments: