Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Mother's Day To Remember, Thanks To Tim :)

This Mother's Day, I brought some flowers to Mass with the intention of offering them for our greatest Mother of all, Mama Mary. Even before we got to the Church, my eldest, 3.5 y/o Tim, saw the flowers, took one bunch of them and handed them over to me, saying "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MAMA!" Aaawww.. And this despite my not having told him what the flowers were for. Then to our surprise, he turns and gives the second bunch of flowers to Karen, our single co-missionary here in Dili. "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, KAKA!" Tim said. Needless to say, both Kaka and I were so pleased with his thoughtfulness.

Later on, at Church, Tim saw the flowers and again handed them over to me. I said, "Thank you darling, but we'll give these to Mama Mary, over there, we'll put them on the altar." He replied, "No, but she's not talking. You keep them Mama." Hahaha. Oh well. :) I tried my best po, Mama Mary. Will keep trying to teach Tim to love and know you more, so he can love and know your Son Jesus more!

This evening, Tim said something else that brightened my day and made my heart melt. He was playing his usual "superhero/transformer/tra
in" games while I was giving him a bath, mostly pretending that he was so and so hero or transformer. While getting dry and changing into his pajamas, he suddenly asks me, "What's Papa's power Mama?"

To which I reply, "Umm... cooking?" Hahaha.

And then Tim says, "No. His power is staying with me. And loving me. Where is Papa anyway Mama? I need him." Aaaww. My heart melted right then and there! *Sniff sniff*

Thank You Lord for affirming me, us, that despite our everyday struggles and challenges to teach and discipline our kids, YOU are in control and assuring them of our LOVE, albeit imperfect and at times conditional. Thank You Lord, because just like Tim, we know and believe that Your "power" is "staying with us, and loving us." We love You po!

We love you Tim (and Rysse too, of course)! 
Proud Papa with our first-born, Timothy Alan, a few days old :)
 
Being a mother is a mission in itself. :) If you want to learn more about your divine yet challenging role as a mom, or just read about MOTHERHOOD, the books below may be of help to you:
 
  
 
 

No comments: