Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Original TeacherMama

Since it is Mother's Day, I thought I'd also post a tribute to my mother, "Little Therese," the original TeacherMama in my eyes. If not for her (and Papa of course), I would not be the woman/wife/mother/teacher/missionary that I am today.

(Pic taken about a month before I gave birth to Tim. Mama and I at the Dili Diocese Meeting on Family Life. Timor Leste was still considered to be in national crisis, Sept 2006)

Dearest Mama, 

I will always treasure my childhood because you taught us to love God and one another by the example you showed us. Your patience and endurance taught us that with God all sufferings turn into joy. 

I will always treasure my HS/college life because although these were my dark hypocritical years, you showed... me God's unconditional love & forgiveness. 

I will always treasure my single missionary life because your support and prayers helped mold me to give my all for Him. 

I will always treasure my first years as a missionary wife and mom because you were there at all times, esp. the births of TimRysse, a reminder of Mama Mary's committed motherly love. 

I WILL ALWAYS TREASURE YOU PO MAMA. Happy Mother's Day po! I, we love you much! ♥ 

Mother's Day - May 9, 2010

Show your own mother how much you love and appreciate her! :) Here are a few gift options you may wish to consider:

 

 

No comments: